Requirements and Leasing
Please review the following information prior to applying.
LEASE START DATE
Unless otherwise noted, we will not hold a property for longer than two weeks. This is subject to change during the off season or special circumstances.
All adults 18 years of age or older who will reside at the property must complete, sign, and pay for a separate application.
All Applicants must provide a valid government-issued photo identification. All Applicants must also provide a valid Social Security Number, Alien Number, or I-94 for verification purposes. Non-U.S. Citizens must be able to provide documentation from U.S. Immigration to verify legal residency in the United States as of the effective date of the lease agreement.
A credit score of 620 is required of each applicant.
We do not approve applicants with 30+ day late pays in the last 12 months, unpaid landlord debt, or unpaid utility bills. Credit is reviewed in detail, including collection accounts, late payments, charge off accounts, and past due accounts. Applicants that meet our minimum credit score requirement of 620 but have less than ideal credit may be required to pay 1.5 – 2 month’s security deposit.
Please note that we do not use a traditional FICO credit score. We utilize Resident Score, which is provided through TransUnion. We have a scorecard model that we use that evaluates an applicant’s credit history.There are several different factors that go into the CreditRetriever score along with the bureau score, including Income to Rent, # of inquiries, average age of tradelines, % of revenue to debt, percentage of bank tradelines to total tradelines, percentage of tradelines never delinquent of total tradelines, months since most recent delinquency and number of major derogatory ratings. Similar to FICO or Vantage, the CreditRetriever score is in a range of 350 to 850. While the new CreditRetriever score will not completely align with the more common FICO or Vantage score, there will naturally be some correlation.
We do not approve applicants with any open bankruptcies. Bankruptcies must be discharged for at least 2 years.
Applicants must provide proof of 2 years of on time rental or mortgage payment history, paying a comparable amount of the monthly rent of the property they are applying for. Applicants must provide the residence history for the previous two residences. We do not approve applicants with any eviction judgements in the last 7 years, eviction filings in the last 2 years, or any unpaid/outstanding landlord debt. Applicants will likely be denied if there are any defaults in lease agreements, multiple non-sufficient funds, or multiple late rental payments.
All applicants must provide proof of income. Gross monthly income (before taxes) must be equal to or more than 3 times the amount of the monthly rent. All sources of income must be verifiable.
Applicants should be aware that serious convictions in the last 7 years relating to crimes involving violence, sexual offences, weapons/firearms, gang activity, arson, drug trafficking/manufacturing, crimes against property, and injury to persons will be denied. Also persons who have been recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional information and references. Any applicant listed on the sex offender registry or OFAC/terrorist database records will be denied. Applicants will be asked to disclose any prior convictions or pending criminal actions. A criminal background check will be conducted. Failure to disclose is grounds for denial. Pending criminal actions will not, in themselves, be grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria. Convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis. Management will consider the nature of the crime and the severity of the crime, along with how much time has passed since the criminal activity and the release from any imprisonment, parole, or probation.
Smoking is considered to be the use of cigarettes, vaping, e-cigarettes, and other forms of smoking. Keyrenter does not allow smoking in or on the property, or within 25 feet of any entrance of the property or a neighboring property. Keyrenter reserves the right to not process applications and rent to applicants who smoke. Any exceptions to this are on a case by case basis and may require a higher deposit.
Check each available Property for specific pet policies and pet fees. THERE WILL BE A SEPARATE PET APPLICATION AND FEE (per pet) REQUIRED USING https://KeyrenterStCharles.com/pets. Please follow the link provided on the application questions. There is a $20 fee for the first pet profile, and $15 for each additional pet. These application fees are paid directly to our 3rd party vendor conducting the pet screening.
If the property you are applying for allows pets, you will be charged a one-time $200 non-refundable pet fee per pet. In addition to the one time pet charge, you will also pay a monthly pet charge according to the “Paw Score” of your pet. The Paw Score is generated by our 3rd party vendor conducting the pet screening.
5 Paw – $25/month
4 Paw – $35/month
3 Paw – $50/month
2 Paw – Approved on a case by case basis; If approved $100/month
1 Paw – not accepted
**Please note the above pet fees only apply to properties we are managing.
Sadly, we are unable to rent to breeds that are considered “aggressive” by insurance companies. We cannot rent to mixes of these breeds. If you have a mix and not sure what the cross breed is, but your pet resembles an “aggressive” breed, we will err on the side of caution and deny the pet. Unless otherwise specified, restricted pets & breeds include: Ferrets, Large Snakes (over 2 lbs), Exotic Animals, Birds (case by case), German Shepherd, Doberman, Chow, Rottweiler, Akita, Malamute, American Bull Terrier/American Bull Dog, American Staffordshire Terrier, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Husky, Great Dane, or Wolf Hybrid.
Pets under one years of age will not be considered.
Renters should know their rights surrounding service and support animals. For additional information feel free to visit HUD’s most recent notice. Click here
Reasonable accommodation requests for an assistance animal will need to be submitted via https://keyrenterstcharles.com/pets. Your request will be reviewed by our legal team per the FHAct guidelines, and you will be required to submit any applicable documentation. There is no animal application fee for assistance animals.
Keyrenter follows city and county guidelines and regulations.
The security deposit will be required within 24 hours upon approval of the application to secure the rental and have it removed from being advertised. Keyrenter reserves the right to increase the required deposit in instances when an application does not meet Income Requirements or Credit Requirements, when there is a negative or lack of Rental/Residency History, when there is one or more pet on the application, or a combination thereof.
MISCELLANEOUS APPLICATION INFORMATION
- There is a non-refundable fee of $50.00 per applicant, and each applicant 18+ must submit an application. The application is not considered until the fee is received.
- Application fees are non-refundable, even if the applicant is denied tenancy.
- If we are unable to verify background and/or credit using the provided social or ITIN, we reserve the right to deny the application or require additional deposits.
- A text or email notification may be sent acknowledging the beginning of the processing of the application.
- All Applicants are judged on the same Rental Criteria. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to review the Rental Criteria and to provide Keyrenter with the necessary evidential documentation and/or contact information to verify the information provided in the Application. Keyrenter reserves the right to decline an application for incomplete or untruthful information or documentation. Keyrenter also reserves the right to decline an application for the Applicant’s delay in providing Keyrenter with information and/or documentation needed to verify the Application.
- We process on a first come first serve basis, and also reserve the right to process the most qualified (according to our criteria) application first. We may also prioritize applications based on who has viewed the inside of the property, in the event of a “sight unseen” application.
- For questions or concerns regarding an application, please contact Keyrenter at 636-707-2000 and ask to speak to a Leasing Associate.
- Any false information will be grounds for immediate denial. This includes but is not limited to: not disclosing a bankruptcy or foreclosure, not disclosing an eviction, not disclosing an animal, not listing all occupants, or providing any type of false information on the application.