You know that vacancy is the biggest expense of owning a rental property, right? So, it would make sense that you would want to get your property rented as quickly as possible. Today, I am outlining 5 easy steps to getting your rental property leased quickly.
- Price it right the first time! You only get one opportunity to be the “new listing” on the market, and it’s not wise to use this time to feel out the market. Your property should be priced competitively, as reliable, smart tenants are going to be savvy on their research, and rarely will bite at an overpriced listing.
- Make it shine! You know what rents a home really quickly? A clean, ready to move in home! Don’t put your house on the market when you’re in the middle of getting it ready. Sure, you could get it on the market a week or two sooner, but having a fresh, clean rent-ready house will attract the best tenants and get it rented the fastest. As much as we like to think we can envision what something will look like after it’s finished, the sad fact is that it’s hard, and opportunities are missed this way.
- Keep it updated! You know what else attracts the best tenants? A modern home! Update your appliances, your kitchen, and your bathrooms. No, you don’t need top of the line everything, but a little updating will go a long way. Qualified tenants are going to go for the updated homes, it’s as simple as that.
- Get showings scheduled ASAP! If you have a qualified prospect wanting to see your rental property, you better show it to them ASAP! We are an instant gratification society, and if you don’t get a showing scheduled right away, they’re going to forget all about your rental home and move on to something else.
- Take good photos! The photos are the first impression someone has of your rental home. If you have bad, dark photos, people are going to scroll right past your listing. Make your photos bright, crisp, and use a wide angle lens if possible. If you aren’t good at taking photos, hire a professional photographer – it will be worth it.
I hope these tips help to get your property rented fast. Feel free to reach out to us directly if you need help with your rental. We’d love to help!